Thursday, June 26, 2008

...I would know what to expect tomorrow.

Yes, that's right...induction is happening tomorrow. Went to the doc today and have had zero progress. She said my cervix "might be softer"...but I honestly think she's just being nice. She said we could wait until Tuesday (7/1), but that she really doubts I would have any more progress at that point. I also lost 2.5 pounds so she thinks he might be losing a teeny bit. So we decided to go on with it.

Brad and I report to the hospital tonight at 10pm and they will start Cervadil to soften my cervix and then tomorrow morning they will start the pitocin to start contractions and get my body to dilate. So it's going to be a really LONG couple of days for us...luckily, as my Mom put it, we'll get really awesome consolation prize. :-)

I'm taking my laptop to the hospital with us so we'll have email access and will try to post an update, if we're not too tired, once the baby comes. Woohoo!! We're having a baby tomorrow! I'm scared shitless and thrilled all at the same time. I don't know whether to scream with joy or cry my eyes out. I might just do both.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe it is finally here! GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I hope you have a short, EASY labor. I can't wait to see pictures of Miles!

Stephanie said...

I'm soo thinking about you and praying for a smooth delivery. Cannot wait to hear all about it!!! -june24bride