Monday, June 23, 2008

...I would have an outside baby in my arms right now.

All the Old Wives Tales are crap...pure and simple. We had jambalaya for dinner Friday. Chili for dinner Saturday and lunch on Sunday. I bounced on my exercise ball all evening yesterday to let gravity do its thing. My parents went to the cabin, two hours away, hoping Murphy's Law would work. I also had the "burst of energy" and "need to clean and organize" yesterday, but here I am...pregnant as hell...with NO PROGRESS still.

At my doc appointment this morning she said I'm still 1cm dilated. She said she thinks my cervix is softening somewhat, but honestly I think she was just being nice and trying to give me some hope. She said she could tell that he has dropped a little bit, but apparently not enough to cause me to dilate. So I'm going back in on Thursday and she'll check me again. If I've made enough progress we'll induce Friday. If not, we'll schedule an induction for July 1. If he comes before either of those dates FANTASTIC, if not he will be forced to evacuate the premises on July 1. So no more than 8 days left in the womb. :-) WOOHOO!!

I also thought of something...if he's born 7/1/08, his birth month and birth day will equal his birth year. :-) 07+01=08

No comments: