So we reported the hospital Thursday night at 9:30. We got settled and they started the Cervadil at 10:30pm. I had to lie flat for 2 hours and then could move around to go the bathroom and what not. I will say, I'm thrilled I got to eat a good dinner because this morning is the first solid food I've eaten since Friday at around 7pm. Popsicles and ice chips...yummy! The Cervadil didn't do too much. It made my back kill me during contractions so I guess I was having tons of back labor. So they gave me Staydol (sp?) for the pain, which really just made me loopy and allowed me to sleep a little bit. I remember thinking to myself after taking it (but not being able to speak it out loud) “My tongue weighs like 700 lbs. this is craziness. Good stuff…
At 6am on 6/27 they came in and started Pitocin. For me this didn’t cause labor to be much worse than it had been with the Cervadil. The contractions did come closer together and slowly got stronger. They checked me every two hours or so and checked to make sure I my contractions were steady. They were a little erratic, but not too bad. They were coming every 1-3 minutes. My OB came in at 8am and broke my water and offered me an epidural. I was going to hold out as long as I could, but after not sleeping hardly at all the night before and with contractions not allowing me to cat nap that day I told them to bring it on. So I got my epidural around 9:30am or so. It was seriously a saving grace. I give special props to anyone who can go through 18 hours of labor naturally.
At 3:30pm my nurse did another internal and said that I was still at 4.5cm. She then informed me that I had been at that same point since 11:30am and that the doctor would probably want to do a c-section. She called the OB and she confirmed. So we got scheduled and went ahead with it. I was terrified…I’ve never had any major surgeries before and actually never been admitted to the hospital for anything either…so I was scared. Brad, my Mom and close cousin were there and they were super supportive and comforting. It was very nice, but honestly didn’t help my anxiety hardly at all…I was flat scared to death.
We went in for the c-section at around 5:30pm. M was born at 5:48pm. Before they pulled him all the way out they told Brad he could stand up and watch him be “delivered” if he wanted. Knowing B I was shocked when he stood up and started snapping photos of him being delivered from my tummy. Then we heard him cry…and that’s when the waterworks started for me. I couldn’t stop crying…I was relieved that he was here, safe, alert, and healthy. It was kind of like all the emotions from all the trying we did all came out at once when he finally came into the world. It was the most amazing, life-changing feeling I’ve ever felt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY!!! I'm so glad Miles arrived safe and sound! How are you feeling??
Post a Comment