Wednesday, August 6, 2008

...it wouldn't feel so weird to protect.

Well, we're not ready for another baby. We don't have any desire to be the people who have 2 under 2. At my 6 week appointment yesterday my OB asked if I had thought about birth control. Well, honestly we figured condoms would be plenty given what we went through to get here. She made it very clear that since it only took Metformin to get my body working like it should we should probably be using some form of contraception if we aren't planning on having another quickly. Well, she asked what we were doing before I got pregnant and I told her nothing...we couldn't get pregnant. She said "Oh yeah, you went through infertility."

So I have to admit that going back on a birth control pill feels quite odd. It's been YEARS since I was on one and I felt so young again going to the pharmacy to have my Rx filled. The good news is that since I have been off it so long they have come out with a generic of the pill that worked best for me...so instead of my co-pay it's just $9. Woohoo!

Oh yeah, and I took a 5 week pic of M. He's so darn cute it hurts. :-) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I know what you mean about BCP. After trying so hard, I can't imagine how it would feel to be trying NOT to get pg!

He is too cute!!!