Monday, July 14, 2008

...this blog would write itself!

Okay, here's a little update for you folks who keep up with me and our family by way of this bloggerific site.

We have stopped pumping breastmilk and have gone all formula. I tried a couple more times to get M to latch on, but he just wasn't interested, nor did he really quite understand the concept. He gained back all of his weight (not sure if I already posted that), but we haven't weighed him since his last doc appointment so I'm not sure quite how heavy he is now. I can tell that he's gained quite a bit b/c he just feels heavier...but I'm not sure how much heavier he is. The pumping was getting to be such a ball and chain and I was really starting to resent doing it. I was rushing through his feeds so that I could hurry up and pump and get done. It was so daunting. I feel much better now and M seems very happy and content.

He's very strong. He can hold his head up and move it around when he's on his tummy, but he doesn't have full control over it just yet. He's definitely getting there though. When he's in his crib he'll push off the sides with his feet. Mom thinks he'll be rolling over in no time. It's hard to see him as a helpless infant anymore because he's getting so strong. We've seen smiles, but not been smiled at. He's just trying out his smiles for now. His hair appears to be turning red. I'm pretty sure he's gonna look just like his Daddy, which is fine b/c Daddy is quite easy on the eyes. Unfortunately it also looks like he's gonna be pale like Daddy as well...but we can deal with that with tons of sunscreen. :-)

Today the pediatrician called me and told me I needed to take M to the hospital to have some blood drawn b/c apparently they didn't do a couple of screenings at the hospital when he was born. So I took him in and after waiting an HOUR in a waiting room of sick and weird people we go back. He was asleep the whole time until the nurse pricked his foot and started squeezing the blood out. He cried as loud as possible...sounded like someone was killing him...broke my heart of course and then as soon as he started crying when she pricked him he stopped and fell back to sleep. There are two things I learned from this... 1) B is going with me when he gets his shots because there is no reason why Mommy should be the only one to witness such torture and 2) I now know why they draw the blood in the nursery AWAY from the new Mommies when the babies are born...

That's all for now. Here's a pic from yesterday's venture to Louisville. :-) Love the chubby cheeks!! I could kiss them all day!

No comments: