Monday, December 31, 2007

...each year would be as eventful as this last one.

Well, I'm off work today, which is good because I'm still sick, but getting better. So I'm sitting in the chair with my pups and I'm researching baby things (of course!). I started thinking about what a HUGE year this has been for me and my friends and family. I was going to put it in a little recap, but as I started putting it together it wasn't as eventful as it seems. We've watched my "little brother" leave for basic training, Hawaii (where he was stationed), and then to Kuwait and onto Iraq (where he is currently stationed). We've been through a total of 4 herniated discs. (Zac and Cousin Amanda combined) We've had two babies. (Rachel & Dan, Nathan & Courtney) We've gotten pregnant. (Brad and I) We've gotten three new jobs. (Zac, Nikki, Mikie) We've gotten new cars. (Me, Nikki, Amanda, Laurie) We've had a wedding. (Amanda and Matthew) We started dating our first boyfriend. (Shera!) We registered to vote. (Shera) We've had family members pass away. (Granny, Cousin Cathy) We got a jetski. (Dad and Mom) We turned 50. (Robert) We went to Hawaii for Thanksgiving. (Mom, Dad, Brad and me)

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of on a whim. But seriously, it was just a great year. We had a lot of great things happen. Some bad mixed in throughout the year, but overall it was an amazing year. Most people resent the unhappy things that happen, but in my opinion it all happened for a reason and I'm happy to have gone through it and made it out safe and sound. So, to everyone who reads my blog, have a happy new year and I hope that 2008 is eventful for you and reveals everything you wish for.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: