Well, a little update. Sorry I don't keep up as often as I used to. I'll try to do better. There are so many times each week I say in my head "I don't want to forget this moment!" so I need to start writing them down.
We lost my Dad. It was, obviously, incredibly painful and sad, but yet also a relief too for him to not be suffering anymore. I dreaded telling Miles so badly. I sat him on the couch beside me and we had a conversation that went like this:
Mommy: Buddy, do you remember how Poppy was sick and couldn't get out of bed by himself and couldn't walk and he looked very different?
Miles: Yes.
Mommy: Well, when Mommy was gone yesterday night she was with Granny and Poppy and Poppy went to heaven. So he's not sick anymore and he feels great because in heaven no one hurts and everyone is happy.
Miles: So is Jesus taking care of him now?
Mommy: Yes he is. And Poppy is feeling much better.
And that was that. He got it too. I haven't had to repeat it or explain it again. He just gets it. I've made a conscious effort to continue talking about Poppy and reminding Miles of things Poppy loved...songs, candies, etc. Then on the night I came home from the visitation in Ashland I was putting him to bed and he asked me to sing him a song. So I sang "Live Forever" because I'd heard it a million times over the weekend on the slideshow my cousin Amanda did for Dad. When I was done I told him it was Poppy's favorite song. His response: "Mommy, I didn't get to say good-bye."
Cue the waterworks.
I told him that he didn't really need to say good-bye to Poppy because Poppy's not necessarily gone, he's just up in heaven waiting for us. But that if he wanted to tell him good-bye he could and Poppy could hear him just like Jesus can anytime we talk to him. He waved from his bed up toward the ceiling to say good-bye to Poppy. I seriously do not understand why I got so lucky to have such a caring, compassionate, loving child. He is amazing and he makes each day better. Never ceases to amaze me really.
Monday he told me that I'm "the sweetest Mommy in all the world." Then yesterday we were waiting for Brad to get home from the gym and Miles was playing outside and I was vacuuming up the bag of rice cakes he accidentally dumped in the floor of my car. All of the sudden he was beside me tapping on my legs. I looked at him and he opened his arms and asked for a "huggie". So I gave him one and he said "Mommy, I missed you so much today." And again...how did I get so lucky?!
He is very excited about his "baby sister". Yes, he's sure it's a girl. He has asked us to name her Shelby Lynn or Laura. Neither of those will be the baby's name, but it's super sweet he's giving suggestions. he already loves his baby sister. Now let's hope it's a girl! haha! We get to see the baby again on Monday at an ultrasound...sometimes the u/s tech will give you a guess at the sex of the baby. I'm definitely going to beg and plead for them to give me a guess. :-) I'll keep you posted!
Oh and I'll post a pic of my current belly (in all it's giganticness) right after this post. It's on my phone...so I'll just post it from there by itself.
So...that's all that's going on here. :-) Trying to get life back to normal...whatever that is.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment