Monday, March 26, 2012

Little babe is right on track!

Had another great appointment today.  Over the weekend I couldn't shake the feeling that there was no heartbeat and when I went in this morning I was going to find out that the baby had stopped growing.  I know, I know.  I need to stop worrying about nothing.  Brad says if I could find a way to capitalize on how much I worry we'd be rich.  Sadly, I can think of no way to manage that.  :-)

So the baby, which I like to call "she", is back on schedule.  They originally moved my due date back a few days because the early ultrasounds were consistently 3 days off.  But today she was measuring exactly 13 weeks.  So they moved me up to 10/1 from 10/4.  So we're right back to where we started.  :-)  We had our NT scan this morning that measures the nuchal fold on the back of the baby's head to guage the risk of chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome and two others that I can't think of right now.  We measured in the "normal range", but they sent off my bloodwork to get a better idea of if we're in the clear or not.

I feel great though about it all.  Very reassured, which is just what I needed after losing our last baby in October.  So this little fighter is doing great.  Such a huge relief.  On the ultrasound I got to see her flip around and kick her legs and wave her arms.  It was fabulous.  Brad couldn't get away from work this morning so he missed it, which makes me sad...but we're both relieved by the good news.

Here's a pic of our little babe from this morning.  They wouldn't give us a gender guess like they sometimes do...this ultrasound tech said it's too early and she wouldn't feel confident guessing right now.  So I'm good with that.  I'd be so disappointed if she told me one thing and then in May we find out she was all wrong.  So it's for the best!  :-)


No comments: