Somewhere along the line I’ve become someone I’m not. I don’t know when it happened or how it happened for that matter. I’ve always been confident, at least outwardly, and never really cared what other people think of me and how I look. For some reason at some point that changed and I’ve been trying fit into the mold of what I thought a 20 something girl was supposed to look like. In trying to fit into that mold, I’m finding that I’m unhappy with myself.
This is not who I am. I’m the girl who marches to her own tune. I’m the girl who is comfortable in striped socks and ballet flats. I’m the girl who wears clothes because they’re comfortable and make her feel beautiful, not because it’s what Ann Taylor said was perfect for “my” body type. I want to be the girl I used to be again. I want to be happy with myself and who I am.
So in an effort to start down that road to rediscovery, I’m getting my hair did. I’m having a hard time deciding what to do though. I am so BAD, or pathetic rather, at “fixing” my hair. I blow dry it every morning. If necessary I’ll flat iron some parts of it. I can use straightening gel, or styling gel, but only minimally…unless specifically taught HOW to do it. I know, I’m a poor excuse for a girl…but that’s me. J
So what I think I’m looking for in a hairdo is simple, messy, short (not a lot for M to get his pinchers into, but not super short either). My hair has a LOT of curl underneath in the back, but the rest is stick-straight. It is also EXTREMELY thick. Like ridiculous thick…constantly having to be thinned just to be tolerable!
So please vote for one of the options below…OR email me to send me a picture you think would look good on me so I can take it to my hair lady and get it done.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
3!
Post a Comment