Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, I’ve been designing some ads on my own for work. Just some fun ads that are more creative than what we normally run. I created the set of ads in September of 2007. I’ve asked to run them several times and it’s so expensive to run full color ads that the President has been resistant. Well, with Valentine’s Day coming up, I asked him to let me run my “Gumdrop” ad. He said that we could discuss it. Before going in to discuss it with him I changed it around a bit from full color to spot color. So the ad instead of having all colored gumdrops only the red ones are showing with the rest black and white.

I took it in to him and he immediately approved it!!!! So I’m finally being published! What a great day! I’m so excited. It might not sound like a lot to some people, but I’ve been pushing this ad for over 2 years now and it’s finally being used. I also have had a hard time, as you know, coming back to work after M was born. So this makes me feel like I’m at least being used for what I’m good for. At least one of my degrees is paying off!

Here is the ad for your viewing pleasure!


No comments: