Last year was amazing for me. It was amazing in that B and I got the little piglet we had been praying so hard for so long for. I saw a quote on a message board the other day that went like this "First we had each other. Then we had you. Now we have everything." That sums up 2008 for B and I.
2008 is the year that I became a mother. This deserves a different paragraph because it's HUGE. When we were trying to conceive I knew what the job entailed physically (most of it anyway) and I knew it was a 24/7 job. I knew I would love him, but there is no question that I could not wrap my mind around the love I would have for him. M is now my life. I think about him all the time. It's kind of a disservice to everyone else really...M gets 1/3 of my brain, B gets 1/3 and everyone else gets the rest. My Mom always told me that she and Dad always wanted to spend time with us (kids) and together more than with anyone else. I now understand that.
2009 is going to hold some changes for everyone...mainly because we CAN'T keep going like we had been...that's why our country is in the shape its in. Together B and I will be scaling back on what we spend. We live pretty much within our means now...but we spend what we have and no more. We want to start saving big time. We want to be prepared for an economy like this if it happens again...and if it doesn't happen again we can go on a trip around the world before we die. :-) Bottom line, we want to be prepared for anything.
For me, 2009 is going to represent change too. I'm going to focus on making myself happy with who I am and what I look like. I've always had issues with body image...that's going to change. I'm going to start exercising and eating better and whatever I look like is what I'm supposed to look like. I refuse to continue feeling badly about myself when I stand by someone wearing their size 6 jeans. I'm going to teach myself to be happy in my 12-14's. I'm a Mommy and with that comes a change in body shape/size. 12-14's are worth my little M.
I'm also going to focus on making my husband happy. A lot of you know B and you know he is just like his father...angels. I take him for granted more than I care to admit. But this year I'm going to focus on making my child and my marriage a priority. If the three of us are happy then nothing else matters.
Along with the body image resolution, I'm going to focus on what I'm eating. I'm cutting out sweet tea (oh the horror!), regular sodas (and not drink a lot of soda at all), enjoy sweet indulgences in moderation, enjoying a fair portion rather than a full plate and seconds, and hydrating my body. I started this right before I went back to work in September and I've lost 15 pounds. So from 9/8/08 to 1/1/09 I've lost 15 pounds. That's fantastic and I'm so proud of myself...and I'm going to continue to make myself proud. It wasn't hard once I got used to a routine with it...it was when I broke the routine that I struggled. So I'm focusing on it again. I WILL BE BACK TO MY WEDDING WEIGHT BY MY 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN JULY. That's another 26 pounds. I can do it! I know I can and I'll feel so great if I do...stretchmarks and all! :-)
Alright, there ya have it. That's what I'm resolving to do. I'll keep you posted on how I do.
Happy new year everyone! Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy New Year and Best of luck with your New Years resolutions, they sound like great goals.
Post a Comment