When asked what he wants for Christmas (a few weeks before) he said "I want a cat. But Mommy, one that doesn't talk. And I need a black one." :-) Totally random, but I love it.
When we let him open a present on Christmas Eve (a tradition that my Dad started a long time ago when I was little) we chose a couple of DVDs so he could watch them that evening. His response upon opening it? (with a sad face) "But why did I not get to open a playing toy?" :-) He's nothing if not honest.
When we were at Brad's parent's house eating dinner with Ryan & Shera for Christmas, we had Christmas Vacation on tv while we ate. The scene where Clark is fantasizing about his new pool and the chick from the lingerie counter taking her swim suit off on the diving board came on. Miles was completely fixated on the tv. When we asked him if he thought she was pretty and if that was his girlfriend he started blushing and said "No. My girlfriend's Nicholas." (which refers to Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon.
Miles loves his Aunt Kitty. But that is how he knows her. When we were all passing out gifts at Mom and Dad's house, Mom was having Miles be her elf. He was delivering the gifts to people. She said "Ok, take this one to Catherine." He looked around and said "Who's Catherine?" :-) We all had a good laugh. Then when Mom came to Marty he delivered her gift saying "Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty" and Aunt Bonnie was "Aunt Boney". He was on a roll. :-)
Lately he's been saying "Well, that's weird." and "Eeew. That's nasty." and "What the?" He's a regular comedian these days. We laugh more often than not.
He's also very, very sharp. We read Polar Express once on Christmas Eve (Thanks Aunt Marty!). He wanted to read it tonight again. So I said "I don't want to read it. You read it to me." So he went page by page telling me what was happening. I could tell the parts where he zoned out on Christmas Eve because he just kind of made it up. But he remembered exactly what Santa said and what the conductor said. He's so smart sometimes it blows me away. Remembering the words to a story after hearing it once? Incredible.
I feel sure that God allowed him to live (when he didn't let this last baby live) so that he could do great things. He has a purpose here. I don't know that he'll cure cancer, although I wouldn't put it past him. He's definitely going to be intelligent enough! But he's going to do something amazing. He destined for phenomenal things. I'm just the cheerleader. :-)
Merry Christmas!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment