Thursday, October 7, 2010

"You Mama's boy!"

I remember hearing the term "mama's boy" with a negative connotation.  Now that I have my own, I don't see anything negative about it.  :-)  

I always loved my parents VERY much.  But I had no idea how it felt to be loved that much...and it's incredible.  He loves his Mama.  That is one thing I know for sure.  These days it's "No!  Let Mommy do it!" and "Only me and Mommy."  I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me the happiest person on the planet.

He wants Mommy to sing him to sleep and tuck him in.  This week we've started reading a book before bed in the rocking chair.  He picks out his book and walks to the office where the rocking chair is and he climbs up into the chair and sits waiting for me to sit down.  :-)  It's precious.  I try to soak up moments like that because I know they won't last forever.

He got bit today 3 times.  Yes, the same kid bit him 3 times at school today.  Only the last one left a mark.  When Miles was the biter we were told that it was a "three strikes and you're out" policy.  Baby J (kid who bit) isn't going to be kicked out to my knowledge and honestly I don't think he should be.  Any kid can have a really bad day.  But Miles has bit twice...so if he bites again and they tell us we have to move on I'll be pissed and Baby J will also be leaving the daycare.

That said, we're looking into a new preschool in town.  Another Mom from school, who I trust very much, said it comes highly recommended by her sister-in-law.  They only take 12 kids at a time.  It's run by a husband and wife out of their house.  They teach sign language (already learning),  numbers, colors, letters, YOGA(!), and a lot of other stuff.  They sometimes walk to the library (two blocks away) to go to story time.  It sounds great!  So the other Mom and I are going to go check it out to see if we want to reserve a spot for next August.

So film at 11.  :-)  That's all for now...sorry it's so long!  

No comments: