Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let the potty games begin!

We didn't push Miles because he really just wasn't interested in going to the potty.  But at school they were offering for the kiddos to go to the potty at school for treats and so he jumped all over that being the candy hound that he is.  So I noticed that they were keeping tally of who went potty each day and he was doing really well.

So we started asking him before bath.  One day he just pushed the peepee's right out!  We jumped around and made a huge deal about it and of course he got his "special treatie".  Then one Saturday we got him to peepee when he got up and so he was running around naked butt for a while.  He looked at me and said "peepee" and kind of held himself and then he was still standing still and he said "poopoo" and I realized the peepee's had come out because he was feeling the urge to poopoo.  So we both ran to the potty and I sat him up on it and he pooped in the potty!

So again we made a huge deal about it.  He got TWO special treaties and got to pick out a new DVD at the store.  He got Cars and now insists on watching it every night with dinner.  :-)

Last weekend we did underwear when we were home and diapers for nap/bed time and when we were out and about.  He only had one accident and that was because he was engrossed in Cars and wouldn't go peepee. 

So we're having great success.  Yesterday I looked at the potty tally at school and he pottied 3 times for them.  Ladies and gents, I think we're on our way to diaper freedom!

No comments: