Take yesterday for instance. It was snow day #2 for this week. I took him with me to work for an hour or so. I couldn't get much done so we left, but while we were there he was great. No screaming, no tantrums...just the model child. We left and I had the worst headache. I took some advil, which just upset my stomach. I thought I was going to barf everywhere on the drive home. We got home and I got him a snack and then I told him I didn't feel well and I needed to lay down. He patted me on the head and went off to play. He played while I laid on the couch with my eyes closed for an hour. He never got into anything he shouldn't. He played with his toys and climbed up to show me stuff and climbed back down. He got into his bag of rice cakes, but he only got one for each hand...he didn't dump the whole bag out like he'd been asking to do earlier that morning.
It was just what I needed. I felt good enough after that hour to go get us some lunch and eat with him. Then he was sleepy so we snuggled and he played with my hair and we fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours. Seriously...how many people can say their child responded with that level of care for their mama at 20 months? He was amazing. Never cried once. Played so well before and after nap. He was just perfect.
I'm terrified that our next kiddo won't be as perfect and I won't love him/her as much because they're not "perfect". I can't imagine a kid better than Miles. I don't want to be that parent who favors one child over another. I've seen what that does to a kid (even as an adult) and it's not pretty. I know, I know...the next kiddo could be just as good or even better. I just can't imagine it.
Don't worry it won't stop us. We'll have another one if we decide we want to. But how do you beat perfection?
Here's a picture of him sleeping in the chair on our first snowday after lunch. He insisted on wearing his monster feet instead of normal shoes. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment