Friday, September 5, 2008

...I could ignore Gov. Palin and she would go away.

So, I'm gonna go political again. Sorry for you Republican friends of mine...I can't help it.

So...Governor Palin. Where to start. First, sexist or not, you have 5 children. One is pregnant at 17 and is going to need Mom's support. One is a 4 month old child with Down Syndrome. One is headed to Iraq. I think your family needs you more than your country. Okay, but really none of that is my business...it's up to her if she wants to babysit McCain instead of her family. To each his own.

But let's look at some other things about this woman that make me ill. First, she clearly doesn't believe in separation of church and state, which in my mind is huge. I don't want anyone who refers to getting legislation passed as "God's will" running my country. This country was founded because our forefathers weren't allowed to choose their religion...well then why in the world are we going to force God on Americans now? Isn't that sort of going against what our forefather sacrificed so much for?

Also, this lady was a part of the Alaska Secession Party, which tried to get Alaska removed from the United States of America. How is that patriotic? People talk about Obama's patriotism...she better not say a word. How do you go from being part of a group who wants to NOT be part of the United States to the Republican nominee for VP of the US? Makes zero sense to me.

Her speech, while delivered very well, was pathetic. All she did was bash Obama/Biden and tout how she was a hockey mom. How the hell can you be a hockey mom and be Governor? It's not like you can be at most games. How many does she get to like 1 a season? She really does a disservice to women everywhere. If Republicans were going to pick a female VP candidate, why not pick one who is strong and stands for what the US was founded on?

There's more, but the baby is stirring and I'm about to get super nasty anyway...so that's all for now. I'm looking forward to seeing how she falls on her face in the coming 8 weeks.

1 comment:

KC said...

Read the real scoop on Scary Palin from someone who has known her and her politics in Alaska for a long long time. Seems Sarah isn't all she( and the GOP spin-doctor sanitizers) purports to be :
www.adn.com/letteraboutpalin.

PS- I'm mad too. Apparently she owns the trademark to the word LIPSTICK! McCain can use the phrase about the pigs, but Obama can't now???? FOOOOEEY!