I just really don't understand why people have to be selfish. Help me, help me, help me...but I can only help you if it's convenient for me and IF you do something in return. Seriously, whatever happened to helping someone to feel good about it? Maybe I'm crazy and biased, but B and I help people all the time...sometimes if it inconveniences us or makes us reschedule plans. How many people do that in return? VERY few. There are some...I'm not saying no one, but very few-like I could count them on one hand. I realize it more and more each day.
That whole "Pay It Forward" deal would never work in reality because the world is too darn selfish. People only think of themselves and how they can benefit from something. It's insane. I really hope that B and I can instill values in M that make him not even need to think about helping someone. I want him to want to help people and help them because they need him and he can, not because he will somehow benefit from it. I think that will make him a very loved, valued, and respected individual in the end.
Too bad not everyone else feels this way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment