I want him to be a strong man. I want him to have strong values. I want him to understand early on that lying will only make things worse and that it does no one any good. I want him to believe that everyone is a person with feelings regardless of their color, religion, nationality, sexual preference, or whatever else people pick on to separate us. I want him to feel loved, safe, and secure. I want him to express himself and be who he is...not who he thinks he should be. I want him to feel heartbreak so that he can appreciate love and happiness that much more. I want him to take pride in his work and things he has, not always desire things he doesn't have and only look at the monetary value of things. I want him to always follow the Golden Rule. I want him to be kind to people and realize that what goes around comes around. I want him to know how much his Daddy and I love him and that we would go to the end of the universe for him if he needed us to.
There is so much more, but those are the ones that are most important to me. I really want to raise a son that is just like his father. If there were more people like B in the world it would most certainly be a much better place for all of us. So hopefully our little boy will view his Dad as a hero and want to grow up just like him. It will be a gift to us all if that is the case.
He does need to have my sense of adventure and curiosity though. ;-)
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment