Saturday, February 9, 2008

...people wouldn't react poorly to our name choice.

I would just like to say, that if you don't like our name go ahead and act like you do. I've heard tons of names of friends' babies and family's babies that I wasn't crazy about, but out of common courtesy I've acted like it was the most perfect name in the world...and as it turns out it was perfect. Mommy and Daddy know what they're doing when they're naming their baby. If you have kids then you had your shot and I'm sure you either had people who didn't like your name and probably wished they would've kept their traps shut OR people were very supportive of your name choice...either way, extend us the courtesy you remember wanting.

We have reasons for naming our son Miles Brady. Most people have asked what they are and we've told...but if you don't know and haven't asked I've broken it down for you.

Meaning behind the name is this:

First it means "spirited warrior/fighter" and since we obviously had a hard time getting here we feel it's appropriate and he's been a fighter since conception with my slow rising betas.

Miles - I've always loved anyway, but it represents the hundres of miles we've been to get here and the thousands more we'd go if he needed us to.

Brady - really just a round about way of naming him after his daddy, Brad. I call Brad "Braddy" all the time so it was fitting. :)

1 comment:

kdb said...

I'm with you on this one, I get a frown whenever I tell people our names. Smile politely and nod. "if you don't have anything nice to say..."