This is from 9/20/12.
Mr.
Calvin will be here in 6 days or less. His eviction day is 9/26...unless
he decides to jump ship sooner, which Mama is hoping for. :)
We've
had a lot of comments about his name. The polite people kindly say
"Oh is that a family name?" which translates to "Why would you
choose that unless it's a family thing?" The not as polite people
say "Oh." and leave it at that. So just like I did with Miles,
I'm going to explain where we got his name for all the naysayers.
Calvin
Emerson C.
Calvin
is a family name on my Mom's side. Her father's name was John
Calvin. I am also a HUGE Calvin & Hobbes fan. It's also not a
popular name. We're not trendy people, as you know. ;)
Emerson
is a nod to me. With Miles we made his middle name "Brady"
after Brad. So Calvin will have Emerson after me. Coincidentally,
after we decided on Emerson, I found out that the sweetest, cutest little old
man I've ever met (Mom's youth group leader from when she was in high school)
is named Emerson.
Our
last name obviously starts with a C. So his initials will be CEC, which
is a nod to my Dad, who we lost in March to cancer. So his name is very
special and very well thought out. It is a strong name that will always
remind me of my Dad. Hopefully he'll be as strong as Dad...perhaps not as
stubborn (God help us!), but strong and compassionate would be great. :)
Now
he just needs to get here so we can snuggle him. haha. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment