And I really do feel guilty about not blogging about Miles more since I haven't done jack to his baby book. But oh well...what can you do?
So what's Mr. Miles been up to? Well, a few things. First, he's potty-trained. He still sleeps in a pull-up, but he's potty-trained throughout the day. I wasn't pushing it and he wasn't interested in it really. Then at school Ms. Rachel said he had been peeing on the potty some and she thought maybe big boy underwear like the other kids would entice him to potty-train. So the following Monday I put big boy undies on him and started to put a pull-up over them so he'd just feel the yucky feeling, but not make a mess. He refused to let me put on the pull-up and he had an accident a day for the first week and then just got better and better. He had his first accident in two weeks yesterday and it was a little bit of poo. That's the other thing...this kid decides he wants to potty-train while he's suffering the worst bout of constipation in his history. Yep, that's my kid. :-)
Let's see what else? Oh he gave up the Nuk Monday night. Brad suggested he give it to the "Nukkie Fairy" who would then take it to Santa and then Santa would give the Nuks to the other boys and girls who don't have them and bring Miles a present for being such a big boy. Well, despite us having suggested that in the past, this time it worked. He did it. He set out his Nuks in a ziploc baggie (his idea) and left them for the fairy. She took them and Santa brought him an Aqua Doodle. :-) Here's a link to a video from the morning after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iYzRIhKMxw And he did great with it. He cried a BUNCH Monday night and asked for it immediately when he woke up Tuesday morning. Last night he cried for 10 straight minutes but fell asleep and slept soundly. So he's doing fine with it.
Okay, so a couple of funny things he's done recently. We were having dinner with the Clarks and Miles was done and so was Robert. Miles asked me to get him down and I told him to ask Papa since Papa was also finished eating. He looked right at Robert and said "Will you get me down, old man?" :-) I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. It was hysterical.
He was watching the Snow Dogs special features in the car while we were waiting for Shera to finish her race Saturday and I'm not sure what was happening on the video, but he said "Mommy, will you turn this off? It's freaking me out." I guess he does soak up more of what I say than I thought.
Also, he was being a stinker before bed the other night and I couldn't get him to sit in timeout. I never spank him...but I felt compelled to say "Miles? Do you want a spanking?" He looked me square in the face and calmly as humanly possible said "Spank me, Mommy." I tried to hold back the laughter and just internalize it, but Brad was sitting in the living room with his shirt over his face and Miles could clearly tell that he'd said something funny...so I had to laugh too.
He's such a funny kid. He's smart. He's quick witted. And lately he's been just a snuggle bunny and always saying "Mommy and Daddy are my best buddies." I can't get enough. I really can't.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment