Randomly last Sunday Brad "threw away" Miles' nuk. He hasn't had it at all for the last 3 days. Sleeping has been a chore. He sleeps through the night, but has a rough time going to sleep without it. There have been tears. Yesterday on our way home from school he asked for it:
Miles: Mommy, I want my nukkie.
Me: You don't need it. Big boys don't need nukkies, only babies.
Miles: I don't want to be a big boy! (tears ensue...)
Put that last statement on repeat and you have our conversation on the ride home yesterday. Poor little guy. It's bittersweet getting rid of that thing. It was like his last little bit of "baby" that he was hanging onto. Now he's officially a "big boy". Well, he's still in a crib...but that doesn't count. :-) I want my baby back. Mr. Independent is going to give me gray hairs.
This morning he kicked me accidentally as I was putting his clothes on. I made a pouty face and he said "Sawwy Mommy. I you best buddy." :-) Seriously, melts my heart just remembering it from this morning. How did I get such a sweet, precious child? He's truly incredible and wonderful and just exactly what I dreamed of. Mischievious, curious, loving, sensitive, and hilarious. A mother could not ask for more.
"Good things come to those who wait..." does not just refer to Heinz ketchup. :-)
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment