The time change has really jacked up Miles' schedule. I had to wake him up this morning from a dead sleep. This evening when we got home he was exhausted and MEAN AS A SNAKE.
Mommy: Miles, do you want tuna for dinner? (as Miles is picking at the tuna)
Miles: NO! (begins the hysterics)
Mommy: How about some yogurt? (always a favorite)
Miles: Noooooooooooo! (swats mommy's hand away)
Mommy: How about some milk? You want some milk in your cuppie? (he adds "ie" to everything these days)
Miles: AHHHHHH!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOOOOOO CUPPIE!!!!!!
For the love of God. Terrible twos are upon us OR he's tired. It's a toss-up really. Either way, he is possessed by something resembling the devil every evening. In an ironic turn though, he loves getting in the "bubbas" at bath time to play in the bubbles. He hated it before the devil took over. Guess the devil likes being clean...
He's adjusted to daycare pretty well. He doesn't cry when Brad drops him off anymore. He is distracted by fake birds that he thinks may or may not swoop down and get him. BUT it works. No more tears except when Mommy drops him off...the water works start when we pull in the driveway.
I was thinking again about having another baby. I want one. Brad is on board, I'm pretty sure or he will be by the time we can afford to send two to daycare (2013). I'd like a girl and then I'd like to be done with my uterus and ovaries entirely. I was looking at my work short-term disability plan. By the time all that happens, I'll get 6 months maternity leave 75% paid! That's freaking awesome. So now we just wait and enjoy Mileser until we're ready for #2!
Recent developments:
1.) Miles loves tuna, veggie burgers, and beeps (Peeps)
2.) He says "yah!" and "nope/no" all the time now at the appropriate times.
3.) He loves to dance and sing.
4.) He is going to be a forced to be reckoned with when summer gets here. It will be a battle to the death to get him inside for dinner/bath/bed.
Hope you're warm and happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment