Wednesday, September 16, 2009

...I would keep you update more often.

I suck. I know. I'm going to give it my honest effort to keep you more in the loop. I'm also thinking about starting a blog specifically for M. I'll keep you informed on that. :-) I'm trying to decide if this should be a "family" blog or if M needs a blog specifically to chronicle his life. The jury is still out.

So the latest development in our life is that our house is on the market. Yep. She's up for sale! We had a run-in with our HOA earlier this spring. We investigated putting it up for sale then, but the realtor we spoke to was less than enthusiastic, which left us feeling like it was useless to list it to only break even and have to move into a home we're not in love with. Well, two houses that were comparable in our neighborhood sold quickly in the last month. So we started looking at houses. We found one we're in love with. Great area, close to schools (walking distance) and the park in Shelby Co. It's got more SF than we have now with nicer finishings and we'll finally get our basement and our master bath (with a whirlpool tub and double vanity!). So we contacted another realtor and she was very confident she could sell our house for enough for us to make the downpayment on another house. So now we're hoping it sells fast AND that our realtor can get written approval from the new HOA for B's truck/trailer. We'll keep you posted.

For now here is a pic of the front of it!













An update on M. We started "Sleep Training" to get him out of our bed everynight AND to teach him to put himself to sleep. The kid is yet again showing signs of his intelligence. They say to expect a week to two weeks of crying and sleepless nights. Well, we've been through night 2 and he's already sleeping through the night. He cried 2 minutes last night before he fell asleep for the night. Seriously, do kids get better than this? I can't imagine! Our next one will be a nightmare. Mark my words.
Here are some fun pics of him lately!

No comments: