I'm also torn about whether I really want to have another baby or if I just want M to not be alone after we're gone. I know lots of only children who are well-adjusted-thanks to their parents for making them that way. So some days I feel like I really just want to give ALL of my love to M and have plenty of extra cash to help him succeed. I just love him so much I can't imagine sharing my time/attention with anyone else.
I also spent the weekend with my superhero cousin who has a 2.5 year old and a 2 month old. She was exhausted. She didn't have time to focus like she wanted to. Her son, despite all her efforts, felt abandoned sometimes (not last weekend, but other times). I just don't know how I could deal with M ever feeling abandoned...even knowing it's for his baby sister/brother and that he'd understand one day.
So we'll probably revisit the idea in 4 years and see how we feel then. :-) It's a tough, tough decision though!
2 comments:
Ashley will tell you she is the reason Trevor was born. Being an only child I didn't want to just have one. It will work out and I don't think she (or he) ever felt uncared for or unloved. I just knew being an only child I was going to have more than one child if possible. Being in a family of 3 I bet you didn't feel uncared for or unloved. Whatever you decide to do it will be what is best for you guys.
"A mother is a person who can divide her love evenly among all her children and each child still have all her love."
Other people can give Miles things he needs, pay for college, etc, but Brad and you are the only ones who can give him a sibling. It is a relationship different from any other and I hope you will try to give him that special love. Other things to consider: You already have all the baby things, what Miles needs and what we want him to have are different, learning to share. Rachel is tired, but Dads and others step up. I don't blame you for waiting a while. You were 2 when Nic was born. It was a little easier when Zac was 3 when you were born. He was a little more independent, but people who say it all works out are right! Think of all the fun you guys have had as brother and a sister! :) Plus, you're so cute pregnant!
Post a Comment