Saturday, September 29, 2007

...presidential speeches wouldn't come from movies.

It's true. Brad and I were watching Demolition Man (1993), with Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes. In it, they are in the future, not sure what year, but way in the future. Anyway, in the future there is no use of guns or weapons. It's a peaceful time and all the vagrants live underground. Well, they refer to guns as "Weapons of Mass Destruction"...yes you read that right...WMDs. hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's right, our fearless leader's speech writers got that phrase that we heard daily in the rhetoric put out by the Bush Administration came from a 1993 sci-fi movie. I couldn't make this stuff up! It's too good.

So next time you hear that phrase remember where it came from! Oh that's right, you won't hear it very often anymore because they never found those WMDs. Okay, that's all I'm sayin'. :-)

1 comment:

tallguy said...

I think the year after sylvester and wesley are unfrozen is 2020; some where in that area. But, good point, didn't realize or even aware of that term being used from that movie. Have seen that movie plent of times.